The YMPI is led by
Supporting the Eastern CT YMPI Program
At the heart of the YMPI is career training, led by the Eastern Workforce Investment Board (EWIB). For more information, follow this link.
ReadyCT is supporting that lead effort with career-connected learning, with a focus on foundational manufacturing skills. Students who successfully complete the program earn a YMPI certificate representing proficiency in manufacturing skills and knowledge.
As of the 2023-24 school year, 10 comprehensive high schools are implementing YMPI.YMPI Schools Map
Details on how ReadyCT complements the YMPI effort:
- ReadyCT’s Career Connections Curriculum (C3), ten sessions of work-readiness and skill development;
- work-based learning opportunities, e.g., site tours, guest speakers, and mock interviews;
- coordination of programming and professional development efforts across YMPI schools within the Eastern Workforce Investment Board (EWIB) catchment area.
Explore Manufacturing Expo
A Stop on CT Manufacturing Roadshow ’23
A rich network of supporters in Eastern CT committed to the success of YMPI programming, including:
- participating schools and school districts
- chambers of commerce
- the higher education community
- community-based organizations
- partner businesses, and
- the students who are the future of the Connecticut manufacturing workforce!
This project is being supported, in whole or in part, by federal award to the State of Connecticut Office of Workforce Strategy by the U.S. Department of Commerce Economic Development Administration.
For more information contact the individuals below:
Malia Sieve, Eastern CT Director of Career Pathways, ReadyCT
David Allard, Senior Manager of Talent Acquisition, EWIB