ReadyCT gratefully acknowledges key partners in the YHPI effort:
Supporting the Eastern CT YHPI Program
ReadyCT supports the Eastern CT YHPI, an emerging Eastern Workforce Investment Board (EWIB) program on behalf of the Eastern CT Healthcare Partnership – the area’s Regional Sector Partnership, supporting high school students to earn a credential to become a certified nurse’s aide (CNA) or an emergency medical technician (EMT) — two positions currently in demand in the region and beyond.
As of the 2023-24 school year, there are six area comprehensive high schools operating YHPI with more coming online for the 2024-25 school year.YHPI Schools Map
Program highlights include:
- ReadyCT’s Career Connections Curriculum (C3), ten sessions of work-readiness and skill development (e.g., email etiquette, personal branding, and ethical decision making);
- work-based learning opportunities, e.g., site tours, guest speakers, and mock interviews;
- coordination of programming and professional development efforts across YMPI schools within the Eastern Workforce Investment Board (EWIB) catchment area
The YHPI is an emerging Eastern Workforce Investment Board (EWIB) program on behalf of the Eastern CT Healthcare Partnership – the area’s Regional Sector Partnership supported in partnership with ReadyCT.
Northeast CT Healthcare Career Expo 2023 Showcase
ReadyCT is also thankful for the rich network of supporters in Eastern CT committed to the success of YHPI programming, including:
- participating schools and school districts
- chambers of commerce
- the higher education community
- community-based organizations
- partner businesses, and
- the students who are the future of the Connecticut manufacturing workforce!