ReadyCT is supporting the Bulkeley High School Public Service Pathway (BHS PS) — a STEM-focused community igniting students’ passion for learning!
The BHS PS pathway offers career-readiness instruction themed on education, law & government, and public safety. Our work is informed by an industry advisory board that serves as an essential bridge between school and the workplace.
BHS PS students have the opportunity to graduate high school with industry-recognized credentials earned in sequence, that include:
- Advanced BLS First Aid/CPR/AED
- EMR and EMT Certification
- Stop the Bleed Certification
Also, as part of the BHS PS pathway, students receive year-round instruction in work readiness that helps them develop employability skills (e.g., time management, teamwork, work ethic, and communication skills). The curriculum also offers practical instruction in Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, financial literacy, and business writing.
The pathway experience will prepare students for work-based learning opportunities during high school, for career, for college, and for their long-term success!
BHS PS students are stellar. Be sure to check back to hear from these students as the school year progresses.
If you are interested in learning more about the BHS PS pathway including internships or related work-based learning opportunities, contact email@example.com.
Fast Facts from BHS Public Service Pathwayy
- Number of Participants for the Inaugural Year: 122 freshmen and sophomores enrolled as of March ’22, and for the 2022-23 academic year, juniors and seniors are now engaged in career training offered through the pathway. (Note: BHS has a North and a South campus, and programming is now offered at both!)
- Theme: Public service with required courses that cover leadership and criminal justice.
- Opportunity: Every BHS PS pathway student has the opportunity to graduate from high school with a suite of industry-recognized credentials that includes Advanced BLS First Aid/CPR/AED, EMR and EMT certification, as well as Stop the Bleed certification.
- Other: ReadyCT is working to design the pathway so that students have the opportunity for dual enrollment at Capital Community College and Central Connecticut State University. Check back for details.
With special thanks to the Connecticut Bar Association, Hartford First Responders, and higher education for partnering with ReadyCT to offer high-quality instruction to pathway students.
Nathan Pierre, ’23
Bulkeley High School
Nathan has participated in several work-based learning opportunities, including ReadyCT’s iPASS (internship Prep After School Series) and the G.R.I.T. (Get Ready! Immersive Traineeship) internship.
Nathan is a committed student and a pathway ambassador who is also active in extracurricular activities including volleyball, football, and track & field.
“The PS pathway has made my school experience much better.”