Promoting Academic Excellence Requires a Multi-Modal Approach
Academic excellence refers to a student’s ability to perform, achieve and excel in scholastic activities.
Achieving academic excellence requires that schools have knowledgeable district leaders, effective and empowered teachers, and the resources necessary to inspire learning in every student.
In pursuit of these goals, we develop and advance specific policy proposals to help reduce the achievement gap and lift educational and career opportunities for all students through engagement with lawmakers, state officials, local educators, business and nonprofit leaders, and the media.
Our approach includes:
We hold forums and professional development series that highlight research-based practices for school improvement and instruction, such as:
- Literacy Leadership Institute
- Leading for Literacy
- Engaging the Disengaged Learner
- Reimagining High School
We embrace collective impact in pursuit of meaningful change, so we are:
- Partnering with education organizations, including the CT State Department of Education (CSDE), the Connecticut Association of Public School Superintendents (CAPSS), and the Connecticut Association of Boards of Education (CABE), so that our efforts are coordinated and streamlined
- Affiliated with CBIA, the Connecticut Business & Industry Association, so that the business community can help inform what students need to succeed
- Engaging lawmakers and education leaders in pursuit of education policies that support inspired learning and access for all students
Learn more about our policy efforts.Policy: Our Plan
When academic excellence is coupled with overall student development that includes experiential learning, we help support a broad range of positive outcomes – from strengthening the futures of our students to improving the Connecticut economy.
Learn more about our career-connected learning effort.